Monday, December 18, 2023

Talking to My Shadow

 

Streaming through windows

etched with the lace of frost,

I'm wrapped in a veil

of pale winter moonlight.



My shadow on the floor

moves across white carpet

faithfully following me,

but wondering why we

are up in the morning at three.


"I couldn't sleep," I say

to my shadow, 

"when moonlight on snow

is as bright as day."



I think of Cat Stevens' lyrics:

" I'm being followed by a moon shadow,

moon shadow, moon shadow."




Then I return my view

to the bright moonlight

and begin to contemplate

a possible poem I could write.

© 2023 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. & 2. Home Skies

3. Home Woods (at night) - Cannonsburg, Michigan



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.