Monday, February 13, 2023

Thirteen Poets

 

I've blown the leaves,

pruned the shrubs, and

stacked the firewood.


Now the daylight

begins to fade.


After dinner, I will select

a book of poetry from the shelf,

and settle in for inspiration.



Now, how to choose

among my favorites:



Luci Shaw, Mary Oliver.

Dan Gerber, Ted Kooser.

David Whyte, David Lee.

Jane Kenyon, Naomi Shihab Nye.

William Stafford, Judith Minty.

Neruda, Rilke, Rumi.



And what poets

do you prefer,

dear reader?

© 2023 Richard Havenga




Photo Location: My Personal Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.