Thursday, May 24, 2012

Photo Haiku - Michigan


wind-blown sand smooths stones
balancing cairns on the beach
Lake Superior












thundering river
Upper Tahquamenon Falls
must see in U.P.












 massive steel structure
 linking two peninsulas
 Mackinaw Bridge strength












steel cables stretching
from lower to the upper
silver water shines












Left foot Lake Huron
Rich standing in two Great Lakes
Right in Michigan












red and white and blue
guiding Lake Michigan ships
Point Betsie Lighthouse








View:  "Photo Haiku - Michigan U.P."   July 17, 2012






Photo Locations:

("Pure Michigan")

1. Whitefish Point, U.P. Michigan

2. Upper Tahquamenon Falls, U.P. Michigan

3. Mackinaw City, Michigan

4. St. Ignace, U.P. Michigan

5. Mackinaw City, Michigan

6. Point Betsie, Michigan






5 comments:

  1. Love that first one - did you create that Richard on the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie:

    Yes, I built that cairn. With an abundance of excellent stones, it was fun to experiment with changes and improvements. It resembles an "H" for my last name.

    When you enlarge this photo, can you see the sand grains blowing through the sculpture?

    Gratefully,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do like those smooth stones. I use them to paint on.

    (How do I get my picture on with my comment?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Marie:

    I have a small bucket of smooth stones I will give you.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard:

    In photo 5 you are wearing a Michigan sweatshirt, yet you say you graduated from Michigan State. Can you explain?

    Tom Izzo

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.