Thursday, December 16, 2021

Still 3

 


I am still listening

to wind and rivers

as they each speak

in their unique

languages.



I am still watching the clouds

as they beautify the sky,

and the rain, as it moistens

the thirsty

land.



I am still aging,

but growing in patience,

accepting the reasons for seasons

and the passage of

time.


I am still living a life

of profound attention.


Working to reveal the blessings

that surround me.


Writing, to share the miracles

in nature.


Waiting for more inspiration

to come.


Watching the long light of evening

spreading across the landscape,



and these words

spreading across long lines of the page.


Enjoying this small segment of time,

still wanting just a little more. 

© 2021 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1. Snake River - Swan ValleyIdaho

2. Home Sky - Cannonsburg, Michigan

3. AlamosaColorado

4. Ada Dam - Ada, Michigan


2 comments:

  1. "I am still living a life of profound attention.
    Working to reveal the blessings that surround me.
    Writing to share the miracles in nature." ~ from: "Still" by Poetographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2021/12/still.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mood you created in this poem, a combination of gratitude, awe and longing. Keep up the good work and stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.