Monday, August 22, 2022

Without a Map

 

I think I'll drive West

without a map.


After rolling over the prairies,

I'll hit the Rocky Mountains.


Then, maybe I'll take a right, and

head for the Snowy Mountains in Wyoming.



After that, perhaps a left

to search for a quiet cove

in the Grand Tetons.



Maybe I'll camp for a few days,

maybe I'll camp for a week.



Photograph the moose browsing

along the Snake River.


Watch the Pronghorn prancing

through the sagebrush,

kicking up dust with their hooves.



Write a few lines

in my poetry notebook.

© 2022 Richard Havenga



1. Tie Siding, Wyoming

2. Rocky Mountain National Park - Colorado

3. & 4. Grand Teton National Park - Wyoming

5. Home Deck - Cannonsburg, Michigan




1 comment:

  1. "Maybe I'll camp for a few days,
    maybe I'll camp for a week."
    ~ from: "Without a Map" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk with Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2022/08/without-map.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.