Wednesday, May 1, 2024

The Wind Singing

 

Have you listened, lately,

to the sound of the wind singing?

It could be calling your name.



Perhaps in the long and slender

braids of the Weeping Willow,

undulating like the arms

of a ballerina.



Or in the high canopy

of a tall oak forest,

the crowns being pushed;

swaying yet resilient.



For me, I hear the secret

whispering through thousands

of fine green needles

while standing by the White Pine.


Have you listened, lately,

to the sound of the wind singing?

It is calling your name. 

© 2024 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Thornapple River - Ada, Michigan

2. Home Woods - Cannonsburg, Michigan

3. Townsend Park - Kent County - Michigan



1 comment:

  1. Rich.. I ABSOLUTELY Loved this!! Beautiful photos. I especially Loved the willow.

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.