Monday, March 25, 2024

Ten Years from Today

 

If I live to be eighty-six,

or possibly beyond,

I often visualize

our only daughter Sarah,

when she comes to visit,

(who is a good writer),

offering to read to me

the poems I've written

in these later years of my life.



I'll listen to her soothing voice,

her natural intellect,

her excellent annunciation,

her perfect pronunciation,

and her musical mind

reading my words back to me.



I'll ask, "Did I write that?"

"Yes Daddy, when you were seventy-six."

Then she'll show me my photographs

that helped to illustrate my words.


Then she will say:

"This is good stuff Daddy.

You could still write poetry today."

And she'll hand me a pen and paper.

© 2024 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Ludington State Park - Michigan

2. Rocky Mountain National Park - Colorado





2 comments:

  1. This moved me to tears, Dad. I would be honored to read your poetry back to you some day. You are an inspiration to me, and so many others. I love you! - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah: I pray that this will happen someday. I love you Sarah.

      Delete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.