Thursday, August 24, 2023

The Shiny Ocean

 


I long to hear the song

of the shiny ocean

gliding onto shallow shores,

polishing the slopes of sand

with a brief shimmering light;

again, again, and again.



I want to return

to the seashore

to watch the Willets

dancing in and out,

leaving tiny tracks

along the reach of the surf.



To witness Brown Pelicans

flying in formation

skimming close to the surface, then

plunging their massive bodies

headlong into the water;

a scoop of cold fish soup.



After these many winters

hiking dry desert washes,

I thirst for the sensation

of waves washing my feet,

and the wide horizon curving away,

carrying shiny ocean dreams.

© 2023 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1.  Beverly Beach State Park - Oregon

2. La JollaCalifornia

3. Barefoot Beach - Florida

4. Barefoot Beach - Naples, Florida 

5. Sanibel Island - Florida


No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.