Monday, May 3, 2021

Meadowlark Music


When, in early May,
I listened to the meadowlark
sing into the morning,


I attempted,
with humility,
to bring a few words
together.

Whether from want,
or need,
I cannot say for sure.



But the words rubbed
together
like the sound
of a dead red oak trunk
leaning on another
high overhead;
back and forth,
shrieking or moaning
in the canopy of wind.



Using mere tools
of language,
it fell short
of becoming a poem;
unable to compete
with the clear, pure notes
of the meadowlark's music.

© 2021 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Kline, Colorado

2. Hereford, Arizona

3. Grattan Township - Kent County - Michigan


1 comment:

  1. "... in early May I listened to the meadowlark sing into the morning." ~ from: "Meadowlark Music" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2020/05/meadowlark-music.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.