Friday, January 10, 2014

Gates of Heaven

(Dance of the Sun Dogs)




As this brilliant winter morning unfolds,
a veil, woven with infinite, intricate ice crystals
hangs suspended in the glare of white sun,
shimmering, appearing like an angel.
 
Sharp shadows accent
the purity of snow
filling this frigid field.

Sun Dogs dance in transforming light.
Parentheses rise, curved on the horizon
to frame this fleeting moment,
to carry my worship offering.

Luminous warmth within,
enhances the glow
of this radiant gesture.

The Spirit penetrates my  soul.
A prayer of gratitude ascending;
bursting with astonished praise,
approaching the gates of Heaven.

© 2014  Richard Havenga


 



Photo Location:

Parnell,  (St. Patrick's - Parnell) Kent County,  Michigan

 


4 comments:

  1. The composition of this picture is awesome! The sundogs are striking but the field shadows on the snow spoke to me as well. Great work and words, Rich.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary:

    Thank you for your gracious comments. Only YOU know precisely where and when I capture my photographs, because I come home excited to tell you about my latest excursion. It was truly a glorious morning, and I was saying out loud "Thank you God!"

    Love,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn:

    Thank you for your loyalty here at WWFN. You have been a dedicated reader and supporter and promoter since the beginning (April 2, 2012).

    Gratefully,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.