Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Driving

 In Memory of

 Aaron Havenga   April 2, 1975 ~ November 20, 1994


Driving late at night,

still a long way

from our destination.

Very few cars

on this remote highway.



I'm playing

some of his favorite music

from the Grateful Dead

inside the warm cab of my pickup,

while driving through

the cool, Colorado rain. 



Driving into the future,

I feel like these headlights,

and even though I strive,

I cannot see everything

that may be out there.

© 2024 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Steamboat SpringsColorado

2. Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area - Utah



1 comment:

  1. My condolences on this day, Aaron's birthday, and my gratitude for sharing this piece.
    "Driving into the future,
    I feel like these headlights. . ."
    Yes, that feeling.
    April 2nd is also the birthday, of my first wife, who died in 1991.
    Blessings to you, Richard.
    ~ Dave Beach

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.