Sunday, November 20, 2022

Fragments of Memory

 for Aaron Havenga  (April 2, 1975 ~ November 20, 1994)


Attempting to measure time;

the volume that I've lived,

my memory is flawed, fractured.


Too many cracks in the container

where important thoughts escape.


Too many vacancies in the vessel

intended to carry experiences.


Aaron's absence has lingered

for twenty-eight years.


My wife and daughter help me remember

the sweet memories of his life.



I treasure each story they tell,

recalling the precious reflections.


Gathering the priceless fragments.

Trying to store them in my fractured heart.

© 2022 Richard Havenga




Photo LocationPentwaterMichigan





No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.