Monday, October 24, 2022

Branches

 

Dawn birds begin to sing,

awakening the sky.

Eager to join the sun

in birthing this new day. 



A soft breeze stirs the leaves,

splintering the morning light

that falls upon my path

through these familiar woods.


I sit down and lean against

a broad maple trunk,

then close my grateful eyes

and inhale the fragrant earth.



Between my place on the ground

and the airy canopy above,

abundant branches grow,

capable of supporting my prayers;


holding them up to Heaven. 

© 2022 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1. Vergennes Township - Kent County - Michigan

2. Townsend Park - Kent County - Michigan






No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.