Thursday, September 22, 2022

Gracious

 

I pray

that my poems

will express

what I'm trying to say.


And not fly around erratically

like a Painted Lady butterfly,

or like  Little Brown Bats

darting and diving in the dusk.


I would prefer

that my poems

rise softly, subtly,

and surely, like the dawn.



Then illuminate

my readers

like the morning light

on jeweled prisms of dew.


And in the reading

perhaps feel my hand

on your shoulder

offering encouragement.


And know that

I want to share 

my feelings of  gratitude

with you.


For one of the gifts

of the writer,

is the presence

of a gracious reader.

© 2022 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1. Home Fields - Cannonsburg, Michigan






No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.