Monday, March 14, 2022

Temple of Trees

 


While walking within

this temple of trees,

I stop and stand;

astonished among these

copper-colored steeples

that stand like monuments

reaching into the blue skies

of Colorado and Montana.



Ponderosa Pines,

perhaps a century old,

stand in solemn splendor

as I inhale the essence

of their vanilla-honey aroma

emitted from the sun-warmed bark.



I resume my walk

through these pillars of strength,

over the foothills

scattered with Ponderosa,

through the seasons of my life,

always grateful to enter

this temple of trees. 

© 2022 Richard Havenga






Photo Locations:

1. Hamilton, Montana

2. 3. & 4. Rocky Mountain National Park Colorado


1 comment:

  1. "... among these
    copper-colored steeples
    that stand like monuments
    reaching into the blue skies
    of Colorado and Montana."
    ~ from: "Temple of Trees" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2022/03/temple-of-trees.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.