Thursday, August 5, 2021

Black Locust ~ White Blossoms

 

Oh!

The sweet fragrance

rising from the white clumps

of Black Locust blossoms.


The southwest wind

conveys the heavy perfume

long before my approach.



Stopping on my run

for a drink of water,

I see hundreds of bees

attracted, addicted.



I examine closely

the magnificence

of its inflorescence;

curled and convoluted

clusters of sheer joy.

A lavish display

of pure pageantry.

© 2021 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations: Grattan Township - Kent County - Michigan






2 comments:

  1. "I examine closely the magnificence of its inflorescence." ~ from: "Black Locust ~ White Blossoms" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2021/08/black-locust-white-blossoms.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poetry, Dad! I love how you engaged sensory imagery. Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.