Monday, August 31, 2020

Standing Still

 

A translucent night cloud

glides over the full moon,

continues its journey east,

while the moon arcs west.


I stand still on this planet,

listening to the soft sounds

of this warm summer night:

crickets, Katydids, and Gray Tree Frogs.


And nearby, from our woods,

a Barred Owl is asking:

"Who cooks for you?

Who cooks for youuuu...?"


Before I go back inside,

I'll watch the yellow-green light

of fireflies;

pulsing... pulsing.


I will try to predict where

the next little lantern light

will ignite, 

then I will go inside to write.

© 2020 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:


1. Home Sky


2. Home Deck


3. Seidman Park - Kent County - Michigan


4. Home Woods - Cannonsburg, Michigan









1 comment:

  1. "A translucent night cloud glides over the full moon." ~ from: "Standing Still" by Poetographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2020/08/standing-still.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.