Monday, August 3, 2020

Passing Seasons


This spring and summer have passed too quickly.



I missed entirely the hidden, drooping blossoms 
of the Mayapple.



When did the Wild Columbines display
their scarlet crowns adorned with yellow?



Wild Black Raspberries have already ripened,
with Dewberries and Wild Blackberries soon to follow.



Queen Anne's Lace is thriving
along roadsides and abandoned fields.



I do not want the summer's end
to bring on the goldenrods and asters.



It will mean the approach of autumn,
and remind me of too much time
spent reading books and writing
about opportunities lost;
when I should have been
out walking everyday
in fields and woods,
along rivers and streams,
and feeling grateful for
these daily blessings
that make up the seasons
of my life. 
© 2020 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Home Woods - Cannonsburg, Michigan

2. Ada Township - Kent County - Michigan

3. Townsend Park - Kent County - Michigan

4. & 5. Home Fields - Cannonsburg, Michigan

6. Grattan Township - Kent County - Michigan









1 comment:

  1. "...feeling grateful for these daily blessings that make up the seasons of my life." ~ from: "Passing Seasons" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2020/08/passing-seasons.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.