Monday, December 7, 2020

Possible


I gave a little nudge
to this poem
at its beginning,
to see if it had any
potential, promise, or purpose.
The answers came back:
Probably, possibly, perhaps. 

While it hasn't exactly
made my brain sing,
it's possible that if
I probe deeper,
and push harder,
something of minor worth
may materialize
or invent itself.

However,
here in line seventeen,
nothing has happened yet,
so I may as well go
ride my bike,
or run,
or go fishing,
where at least it's possible
that I'll catch
something
by line twenty-six. 
© 2020 Richard Havenga




Photo Location: McCarthy Lake - Grattan Township - Kent County - Michigan


1 comment:

  1. "I gave a little nudge to this poem at its beginning, to see if it had any potential..." ~ from: "Possible" by Poetographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2020/12/possible.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.