Thursday, December 3, 2020

Perceptive


I am always grateful
for the power of perception.

Deeper than simple observation,
perception contains the capacity
for emotion and passion.


While working in my spring garden,
a Song Sparrow singing sweetly
can make me suddenly attentive
to its joyful, solo performance,
carry music into my soul.


While fishing on McCarthy Lake,
I become conscious of
ballooning cumulus
reflecting on calm water,
surging into summer-blue skies.


While hiking in the Rocky Mountains,
my awareness is elevated
by golden waves of aspens
climbing slopes and ridges.


While running these country roads,
the autumn wind flings falling leaves
onto my head and torso,
producing a sensory experience.


While exploring the shoreline
of Pickerel Lake in early winter,
I witness the conversion
of water into ice.

I have become more receptive,
mindful and present;
influenced by the renewal and recurrence
of creation in all seasons.

© 2020 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1. Home Woods - Cannonsburg, Michigan

2. McCarthy Lake - Kent County - Michigan


4. Ada Township - Kent County - Michigan

5. Pickerel Lake Park - Kent County - Michigan



3 comments:

  1. "I have become more receptive, mindful and present; influenced by the renewal and recurrence of creation in all seasons." ~ from: " Perceptive" by Poetographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2020/12/perceptive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich...this is so beautiful I can relate in so many ways! I love the opportunity to experience the moment- the moment we are given to be grateful! Thank you, thank you for sharing your talent! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb:
      Thank you for your kind remarks here at WWFN. A few people comment on Facebook, but seldom here at the original site. Thank you again for your loyal following.
      Gratefully, Rich

      Delete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.