Thursday, September 27, 2018

Alone



The older man you saw sitting alone
on the shore of Lake Michigan was me.

You may have noticed my running shoes were off.

I had already run five miles that morning.

Did you notice how quickly I scanned

the sharp line of the western horizon,
with my head, with my eyes?



Left and right, back and forth,
trying to discern the slight
curvature of the earth.
So slight, but perceptible.

Feeling the immensity
of our planet.

Alone, but not lonely.
Sitting on the soothing shore.


Content to write a few words
on a scrap of paper found
in my back pocket.



While my bare feet
grade the soft sand
warmed by the September sun.
© 2018 Richard Havenga






Photo Location

North Beach Park - Ferrysburg, Michigan


You may also enjoy six Haiku @ "Photo Haiku ~ Michigan"




No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.