Monday, May 19, 2014

Spring Pastel




Driving slowly down the road,
I had to stop, and back up,
to admire this spring pastel,
framed with pale green leaves
from wild grape vines.

Slowly walking closer, 
the simple became elegant.
While framing the picture,
I listened to the maple samaras
fluttering like wind chimes. 

What colors would the artist select
to recreate of this moment?
Working at her easel, would she
feel it deeper, sense more fully,
experience greater contentment than me?

I try to remain attentive,

looking for opportunities
to accept with admiration
these small gifts
which resemble prayers.

Small gifts, small prayers,
like these wind chimes
alive with praise
within this
spring pastel. 
©  2014  Richard Havenga





Photo Location:  Gavin Lake - Parnell,  Michigan




No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.