Friday, January 25, 2013

Fragments of Poetry 7









It is early December and ice
has formed again on the lake.
I sit and watch the twilight
fade away without notice
like a widow who has outlived
her sympathy.  - Dan Gerber





(Click on photo to enlarge) 
excerpt from poem: "Sunset on a Cloudy Day"
from collection:   A Last Bridge Home  (Bridge)  by Dan Gerber   c 1992


Photo Location:  Mc Carthy Lake,  Kent County,  Michigan


View previous "Fragments of Poetry":

May 1May 13July 19Aug. 18Nov. 13 Dec. 16

5 comments:

  1. Amazing sunset or sunrise! I looks like Bear Creek, but can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santiago:

    It's a sunset at twilight, on a lake, to relate to the words in Dan Gerber's poem. I try to coordinate my photographs with the message, the mood, and the images in the poem.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the message of each poem very clearly. That's why, my friend, we call you Father Nature!

      Delete
  3. Dad, this is a haunting poem, and matches your photograph beautifully!
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah:

    I knew you would like this poem by Dan Gerber; especially since you've talked with him, and have worked for some of the Gerber family up in the Leelanau Peninsula. He puts so much impact into so few words.

    Thanks,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.