Sunday, June 10, 2012

Prayers of Gratitude



Awareness of nature and gratitude for time outdoors is a form of prayer for me. It's difficult to explain the pleasure and satisfaction, when one out of one hundred photographs comes close to capturing the magnificence of a wildflower for example.

When I feel a glimpse of success -- a good image seen at the click of the shutter -- I whisper, "Thank you God !" Sometimes I say it out loud, even though I'm usually alone out there with my camera. Even if they're not whispered or spoken, my mere thoughts of thanks are prayers. Offered, and, I believe, acknowledged as praise... for the Glory of His creation.




Awareness is enhanced by careful scrutiny. Slow down enough to examine the little piece of nature that first attracted your attention. Given more time, the smallest details can appear to you, become clear to you.

Nearly every form of life in a close-up view is fascinating. Drop in, drop down; look longer, linger. When you visit nature, let curiosity become your best friend.




Try to be open to the revelations in nature. And when you find yourself thinking "Wow!" you might want to whisper a simple three-word prayer:

"Thank you God!"


I also want to give sincere thanks to all the readers and loyal "Followers" of WWFN. Thank you for being here for these two months. I will continue to be here for you.







Photo Locations:

1. Blue Columbine (Aquilegia coerulea) - Panguitch Lake, (Panguitch Lake) Utah
2. Wild Rose (Rosa woodsii) - Rio Grande River, South Fork, (South Fork) Colorado
3. Silvery Lupine (Lupinus caudatus) - Crested Butte, (Crested Butte) Colorado
4. California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) - Catalina State Park, Oro Valley, (Oro Valley) Arizona

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts of nature for all to enjoy. Your gratitude is evident in these images you've captured of these flowers' beauty. The blue columbine is exquisite. I'm grateful for happening on this tonight. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia:

    Thank you. I am humbled by your gracious words. That Columbine is a beautiful blend of colors.

    Please Email me. I want to comment extensively, on your recent poem "Home" that I read in "Prayer Feathers". I told my daughter and others about your site.

    Gratefully,

    Richard

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.