Saturday, June 9, 2012

Photo Haiku - Wildlife Series 2

Big brown eyes, smooth coat
Chewing on the bitter sage
Desert Bighorn Sheep







Pale stripes, tapered tail
Slender flexibility
Northern Ribbon Snake







Big, wide ears, large eyes
Alert and ready to bolt
Mule Deer doe and fawns






See:  Photo Haiku - Wildlife Series 3
         Photo Haiku - Wildlife Series



Photo Locations:

1. Colorado National Monument - Grand Junction, (Grand Junction) Colorado
2. Home Garden
3. Ohio Creek, Forest Road 730, Gunnison County, (Gunnison County)  Colorado





6 comments:

  1. Nice. Looks like that snake is floating on that bush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Marie:

    Perhaps it's the Irish influence of the Parnell community near us, but we are loaded with snakes here.

    We have an abundance of these gorgeous Ribbon Snakes, some Garters, and several Little Brown Snakes; many the size of a pencil.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! My favorite is the Big Horn Deer. I love all the colors in the picture.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine:

    Thanks for admiring the Desert Bighorn Sheep. The dark green in the background is Juniper. The light green is Sage. And of course there's that indescribable color of the soil in Western Colorado and much of Utah.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful creature, indeed. Yes, I bet you see a few of them in the woods. I once saw a huge one running from me the desert in California.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santiago:

    Glad you like my Ribbon Snake perched atop my "Birds' Nest Spruce". I see most of my snakes in our perennial gardens, or "running" away from my lawn mower. Seriously, we have an abundance of Garter Snakes, Ribbon Snakes, and Little Brown Snakes.

    Thank you for exploring the WWFN Archives.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.