Sunday, June 3, 2012

Photo Haiku - Arizona



gentle slopes grow steep
horses graze in yellowed grass
hope for rain from clouds















spined circular pads
purple-red fruits bulge from rim
Prickly Pear Cactus















industrious bird
drilled the holes,  filled them with nuts
Acorn Woodpecker














strong Christian symbol
this cross is formed of granite
solid as my faith












columns of sharp spines
ridges, furrows, and shadows
Saguaro close-up













a fork in the road
the decision won't take long
take the least traveled














Arizona Photo Locations:

1. Huachuca Mountains (Huachuca Mountains)
2. Molino Canyon (Molino Canyon)
3. Ramsey Canyon (Ramsey Canyon)
4. Sabino Canyon (Sabino Canyon)
5. Saguaro National Park (Saguaro Nat. Park) - East
6. Ash Canyon (Ash Canyon)

9 comments:

  1. Brings back good memories of our trip to AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm particularly drawn to image 1 and your fabulous composition and those great leading lines. What a landscape!

    Richard did those birds drill into rock or mud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie:

    Thank you; it's one of my all-time favorite photos. It is the January photo for my 2010 calendar.

    The Acorn Woodpeckers bored these holes into wood; in this case, part of a dead trunk, and as I recall, an Arizona Sycamore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so nice! Great photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry:

    So, YOU are "anonymous". Thanks Brother.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, especially the first one, which looks like a painting. I also like the haiku that goes with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy:

    Thank you very much. I have been following your blog since shortly after I began WWFN.

    I've commented several times on your extraordinary Haiku.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cynthia:

    When I started composing this post, and adding the photos, I thought of you, and how much you love the land in Arizona; how you thrive there with "Canyon Stones".

    As I told Rosie, those horses by the Huachuca Mountains are in my 2010 calendar. It makes me want to own horses again.

    Thank you.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.