Monday, March 27, 2023

Word Stones

 

These words were just pulled

out of the Kootenai River,

and they shimmer briefly

in the pure mountain light.



These precious, persistent stones,

jeweled by the summer sun.

 


The sparkle then faded,

the color was subdued,

as they dried in the air,

but the stones will last

beyond these words,

and I may never 

pass this way again.



So I chose one stone

to put in my pocket,

then into the truck,

and weeks later display

on my library shelf. 


To remember the river

and how stones

can turn into words,

and words

can turn into stone.

© 2023 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1. 2. 3. Kootenai River LibbyMontana



1 comment:

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.