Thursday, June 30, 2022

Looking Out


 We have no curtains, no blinds

on our windows to block the view.

We are 700 feet from a gravel road

that is seldom travelled.



When the leaves are on the trees,

we cannot see the road.

From the road,

our house cannot be seen.




We are surrounded by woods;

with tall Red Oaks, some Hickory,

Black Cherry, a few Sugar Maples,

and an occasional American Beech.


I spend a lot of time

looking out our windows,

stepping out on the front porch,

and sitting on the back deck.



I value private.

I cherish quiet.

© 2022 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations: Home - Cannonsburg, Michigan


1 comment:

  1. "I spend a lot of time
    looking out our windows,...

    I value private.
    I cherish quiet."

    ~ from: "Looking Out" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2022/06/looking-out.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.