Thursday, January 28, 2021

Diminished

 

Oxbow, my friend,

I have traveled far 

to visit you

several times over the years.



Your vast, blue skies

spattered with small clouds,

reflected in the Snake River,

have energized me in the past.



Your pelicans, cormorants,

eagles, mergansers,

moose and river otters,

have enlivened my days.



Your Grand Teton outlines,

always spectacular and dramatic,

have inspired my soul,

enriched my mind.


This past summer,

a summer of smoke and haze,

I suffer for you;

for the visibility lost,



for the grandeur

of the Grand Tetons

diminished.

© 2021 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1, 2, 3, & 4. Grand Teton National Park - Wyoming






1 comment:

  1. "Oxbow, my friend. I have traveled far to visit you several times over the years." ~ from: "Diminished" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2021/01/diminished.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.