Monday, October 26, 2020

Saturday Morning Backroads V

 

This is the fifth in a series titled: "Saturday Morning Backroads"...


Each time I leave home, I am blessed

to drive past Bear Creek;

but I don't just drive past,

I stop to explore with my camera,

especially in the glorious month of October.


A few miles south of home,

I love to run this one-lane dirt road

especially when the Sugar Maple leaves

are falling gently upon my face and shoulders.



If I'm running "around the block",

a five-mile loop through farm country,

 I am blessed to view our beautiful church:

St. Patrick's of Parnell. 


Above the Flat River

in Fallasburg Park,

I watch a leave's last dance

and its return to the earth.





In the rural countryside,

within white fences,

I admire this centennial farmhouse,

and the thick carpet of  Sugar Maple leaves.



Golden-green veils

of Weeping Willows

frame a Mute Swan

on Big Crooked Lake.



Back home, in my own woods,

I am rewarded by the vibrant leaves

of American Beech, with green midribs,

parallel veins, and sharply acute apex.


I am blessed to live where I live;

grateful for these gifts,

to be able to drive

and run these country roads.

© 2020 Richard Havenga

 

Photo Locations:


1. Bear Creek - Townsend Park - Kent County - Michigan


2. Grattan Township - Kent County - Michigan


3. St. Patrick's Church _ Parnell, Michigan


4. Fallasburg Park - Kent County - Michigan


5. Townsend Park - Kent County - Michigan


6. Grattan Township - Kent County - Michigan


7. Big Crooked Lake - Kent County - Michigan


8. Home Woods - Cannonsburg, Michigan


Please view and read previous posts of "Saturday Morning Backroads":


Saturday Morning Backroads IV ~ October 19, 2015

Saturday Morning Backroads III ~ July 10, 2015

Saturday Morning Backroads II ~ October 8, 2014

Saturday Morning Backroads ~ June 6, 2012


2 comments:

  1. "I am blessed to live where I live... to run these country roads." ~ from: "Saturday Morning Backroads V" by Poetographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2020/10/saturday-morning-backroads-v.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent, Rich! Your autumnal photos and evocative words lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.