Monday, July 6, 2020

After the Rain



After the rain,
the first spears of sunlight
shimmer on the water,
dazzle the landscape.

Words are too weak,

language inadequate
to express the lure
that captivates me.

I must get outside

and engage my camera
to capture the attractions
in my country setting.

Perhaps later,

I could polish a poem
that will shine with luster



like these raindrops do
on this sweet clover,
on these leaves of grass,
after the rain.
© 2020 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Pickerel Lake - Kent County - Michigan

2. Home Fields - Cannonsburg, Michigan

3. Home Fields - Kent County - Michigan








2 comments:

  1. "... the first spears of sunlight shimmer on the water," ~ from: "After the Rain" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2020/07/after-rain.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking poetry, Dad! I love the opening stanza, especially “spears of sunlight”. Powerful!
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.