Friday, November 16, 2012

"Lingering"



 
Willows
weeping softly,
gathering the glow
of evening sunlight.
 
Dark branches
supporting slender twigs,
dangling golden sprays
above calm lake.
 
Cirrus and stratus
painting with pastel
brushstrokes of
lavender and pink.
 
Ever changing,
time draining
the delicate color
from thin clouds.
 
 
Thanking God
for the gift of sight,
for this moment
of comfort, contentment.
 
 
Wanting it to last.
 
  
 Wanting to stay,
knowing each
precious moment
soon fades
away.
 
 
 
 Lingering still
in the deepening dusk;
gratitude expressed
through a prayer
whispered, and
I believe,
received.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(Click on photos to enlarge)
 
Photo Location:  McCarthy Lake,  Kent County,  Michigan


6 comments:

  1. Dawn:

    Thank you kindly. I did spend a long time lingering on the dock that you see in the first photograph.

    I really did whisper "Thank you God".

    We both know how to "Give the Glory to God!" "G3"

    Gratefully,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia:

    I appreciate your gracious comment. Thanks for saying it softly.

    My numerous revisions produced a good poem, I believe. You know all about the work involved in the writing process.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lingering in the beauty of this place and time of day you captured perfectly in your photographs and poem. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia:

    Thank you very much. I think this is one of my better poems. A few of the verses came as I pondered the photographs, very, very late that night.

    I often ask God to inspire me to write well. He does. "G3"

    Gratefully,

    Richard

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.