Thursday, December 5, 2019

Head and Hands




With this pen in my hand
my fingers reach down
to touch the texture
of lichens and soft, green moss.


My head sees my hand
stretching over foothills,
casting irregular shadows
the shape of clouds.


Walking through tall prairie grasses,
with arms outstretched,
my palms and fingers
tingle with their touch.



Inside the canyons 
of my head
curved ribbons of wind
caress my mind.



Outside my self, 
God says: "I am here."
I reply,
"Here I am."
© 2019 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Pine Stump Junction - Michigan's Upper Peninsula

2. Ward, Colorado

3. Saul Lake Bog - (Land Conservancy of West Michigan) - Kent County - Michigan


5. Buena Vista, Colorado


1 comment:

  1. "Inside the canyons of my head, curved ribbons of wind caress my mind." ~ from: "Head and Hands" by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2019/12/head-and-hands.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.