The wind rattles long rows of corn.
Deep green flags flailing in the fields.
disappear in deep grass.
Roadside wildflowers stretch for the sun;
measure the ripening of summer.
Great mounds of cumulus
shifting shape and size.
Wind leaves its tracks
on the surface of the lake.
My schedule is based on
what's going on outside;
and my creativity has the
entire sky to fly through,
whether blue or gray,
sunshine or rain,
combing the fields and woods,
scanning the lakes and streams.
I am out here.
Please join me.
© 2017 Richard Havenga
1. Grattan Township - Kent County, Michigan
2. Luton Park - Kent County, Michigan
3. Fred Meijer Nature Preserve - Kent County, Michigan
4. Reeds Lake - East Grand Rapids, Michigan
5. Grand River - Knapp Street bridge - Ada, Michigan