Friday, January 3, 2014

Name the Colors


Name the color of:


Hepatica petals; soft and freshly opened in early May sunshine.








Forget-me-nots; flourishing in cold water springs on a June morning.









Wild Lupine; thriving in July, high in the Colorado Rockies.









Wild Grapes; plentiful and ripening in September after their leaves have fallen.


Click on photos to enlarge.

Photo Locations:

1. & 2.  Townsend Park,  Kent County,  Michigan

5. & 6.  Crested Butte, Colorado

3, 4, 7, & 8  Wabasis Lake Park,  Kent County,  Michigan





Round-lobed Hepatica - Hepatica Americana

Forget-me-not -  Myosotis scorpioides

Silvery Lupine - Lupinus argenteus

Wild Grape - Vitis sp.





3 comments:

  1. Rich,
    I love the dew-dampened Forget-me-nots...how they begin in lavender and open to the most splendid periwinkle blue. Good work!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary:

    Good observation on the Forget-me-nots. You know exactly where I photographed these beauties near Wabasis Lake. We'll go back next summer to see them again.

    Rich













    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.