Sunday, January 13, 2013

Remnants of Pickerel Lake







Remnants of Pickerel Lake






 
I took a walk on the new ice last week.















The early evening sun throws long shadows.














Long-dead Tamaracks give character to this shallow lake.
















Years of weathering, wind, and sun enhance the wood grain.














 
Long, tapered branches twist and persist.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
How much longer will this Tamarack stand?























(Click on photos to enlarge)





Photo Location:  Pickerel Lake Park,   (Pickerel)  Kent County,  Michigan

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing shots! I especially love the first two. Perfect light.

    --Amy V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy:

    Thank you for your comments, and for being here at WWFN.

    It's all about the light, isn't it? The low-in-the-sky (and rare) winter sun warms the photographs, even on the frozen lake.

    I appreciate your interest, and I'm eager to hear from you again.

    Gratefully,

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos, Ricardo. Yes, you are correct, it's all about the light. My lake is not as beautiful as yours, so my pictures are never this good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santiago:

    Thanks again for your kind words.

    I've seen some beautiful shots taken at Lake Macatawa. Just become a regular sky watcher, and get outside everyday, every season.

    Ricardo

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.