Thursday, January 31, 2013

Photo Haiku - Colorado 2









aspens are turning
San Juan Mountains rise above
greet Colorado









 thriving on foothills
branch scars show short history
aspens dense and tall
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
layers of ridges
Rocky Mountain silhouettes
learn to love the land 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
(Click on photos to enlarge) 
 
 
Photo Locations:
 
1. Dallas Divide   (8,970')  Ridgeway,  (Ridgeway)  Colorado
 
2. West Elk Mountains,  Ohio Pass  (10,033')  Crested Butte, (Crested Butte)  Colorado
 
3. Rocky Mountain National Park,  (RMNP)  Colorado
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I can't wait to go back to Colorado. I love the aspens. Your first photo especially is lovely.

    --Amy V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy:

    You must have been waiting for this post, to respond so quickly.
    Make your plans now to visit Colorado again. Mary and I met there in 1970, and have been going back for more ever since.

    Thank you for admiring the beauty of God's creation in the Rocky Mountain WEST.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started February with wonderful photographs of the West. I am happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santiago:

    Thank you my good man.

    I am happy every summer when I get to return to Colorado. Of course I'm happy everyday, but the West is the Best!

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  5. FN, I worked on this Haiku Poem for a long time. I need your assessment:

    Land of mighty snow
    I will never forget you
    Ancient and young cliffs.

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.