Monday, December 9, 2019

Found Poetry 3


Often, when I'm reading prose, (usually creative non-fiction and nature related essays) I discover during the re-reading, that certain passages sound very much like poems. I know this is nothing remarkable to writers and discerning readers, but it occurs frequently in my reading. This is my third example of "Found Poetry"...




"A finely tempered nature longs to escape from his noisy cramped surroundings into the silence of the high mountains where the eye ranges freely through the still pure air and fondly traces out the restful contours apparently built for eternity."

~ Robert Pirsig 

from: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance © 1974   p. 198






Photo Locations:

1. Rocky Mountain National Park - Colorado

2. Wind River Range - Wyoming




1 comment:

  1. Quote from Robert Persig in "Found Poetry 3" shared by Poet/Photographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2019/12/found-poetry-3.html

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.