Monday, November 20, 2017

The Last Thing on Your Mind

In loving memory of Aaron Richard Havenga  (April 2, 1975 ~ November 20, 1994)


"I could have loved you better, didn't mean to be unkind. 
You know that was the last thing on my mind."  ~ Tom Paxton © 1978


I was your father.
You were my only son.

The dreams I dreamed

of us together,
exploring the West,
you as a future father,
have gone unrealized.

And as you passed

from your vibrant life,
nineteen, alone,
and far from home,
we never got to say good bye.

What was the last thing on your mind?


© 2017 Richard Havenga


The Last Thing on My Mind - Tom Paxton




No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.