Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September Morning


While I was walking
through this September morning,
Goldenrod invited itself
into my poem.


So I welcomed its
color and structure
into my Naturalist's head,
noticed the yellow sprays
of arching florets,


watched bees
plunging for pollen,

but more than
Botanical biographies,
I observed
with uncommon senses
the enhancements 
offered here and now:


here;
commonly clogging
the forgotten fields,

now;
announcing
the introduction of autumn.


These golden towers of life;
alive and dancing
in the light
of a new day.
© 2017 Richard Havenga






Photo Locations:

1, 4, & 5. Home Fields & Woods

2. & 3.  Townsend Park - Kent County, Michigan



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.