Friday, December 2, 2016

Given


What has been given
to me,
I want to give
to you:


The magnificent melody
of the Wood Thrush
singing its praise song
on a fresh morning in May. 


The purple clusters
of Lupine
thriving in the
cool Colorado rain.

The flutter of golden
aspen leaves
trembling on their twigs
in the September mountains.


The patter of raindrops
falling a second time;
from the bare twigs
to the forest floor.



Mountain rivers
swirling past Ponderosas
and rushing
between boulders.

What God has given
to me,
I now give
to you. 
© 2016 Richard Havenga



You may also enjoy: "Finding Gifts" - December, 2014


Photo Locations:

1. & 4, Home Woods  (Call of the Wood Thrush )




No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.