Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Blessing of Rivers


I watch the river flowing,
fluid and fluent.
Think of all I have
been given;
the blessing of rivers
my metaphor:

Looking upstream
at the future
coming at me.
Looking downstream
at the past,
beyond change.



Giving back what I've been given;
the gifts of time and place.
My poems,
written on these rivers,
like time, have drifted past.



Placing my hand
into the live current,
I want to give
this feeling to you,
if only I could grasp it.
© 2016 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. Elk River - Steamboat SpringsColorado 

2. Blackfoot River - MissoulaMontana 

3. & 4. Arkansas River - Buena VistaColorado 

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.