Monday, October 26, 2015

Grateful Heart



With a grateful heart,
I have come here to rest,
and let my eyes adjust
to the future
coming at me
in this, my seventh
decade of life
on the good earth.

Balancing:

the desire to know,
and the need to praise;
I have become intimate
with some small pockets
of life on this planet;




nearly forty years
for the love of birds,




intrigued by the flow
of rivers and streams,




a lingering fascination 
with insects,




enchanted by the short seasons
of wildflowers,




a watcher of clouds
for decades,






a dedication
to dependable trees 
- familiar as friends -





and captivated by the
mysteries of the night sky.

How can I help but

praise you God,
for the gift of life,
and thank you
for my remaining days?
© 2015 Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1. Prothonotary Warbler - Allegan State Game Area- Kalamazoo River - Michigan

2. Crested ButteColorado  

3. Canon Township - Kent County, Michigan

4. Cardinal Flower - Ada Township - Kent County, Michigan

5. Yosemite National Park - California

6. Grand Teton National Park - Wyoming

7. Grattan Township - Kent County, Michigan

8. Sunset Beach, North Carolina



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.