Monday, July 14, 2014

When Clouds Talk to Mountains




When clouds talk to mountains, 
when they caress their stone shoulders,
What is the conversation like?
Are they communicating?
Do they reach an understanding?

"You can count on me, 

I will always be here. "

"I am only passing through,

I will never see you again"


Are the trees thinking:
"What are their words like?
What are the words made of?
Water vapor or stone?"

Which is best?

The dependable permanence
of the mountains?
The forgiving flexibility 
of the clouds?

Can this dialogue 
be heard in heaven; 
just above the clouds?


Listen deeply.

Between the clouds
and the mountains
and the trees,
is a song that 
will be sung
for a millennium.
©  2014  Richard Havenga



Photo Locations:

1. Glacier National Park,  (Glacier)  Montana  (Montana

2. Rocky Mountain National Park, (Rocky) Colorado (Colorado)

3. Grand Teton National Park (Teton) Wyoming (Wyoming



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.