Monday, October 14, 2013

Only Silence Remains






Early light
flares in the fog.
The wide river
keeps gliding by.

Patient. Persistent.

Waiting for words
to emerge from
the quiet current,
I reflect
upon the silence.

Wait. Listen.

Like the veil of vapor
suspended above
the bed of moving water,
I gather
thin thoughts.

Temporary. Transitory.

The Spirit has spoken.
The words evaporate.
Only silence remains.

©  2013  Richard Havenga





(Click on photos to enlarge)


Photo Location:
Grand River,  (Grand) Kent County,  Michigan







6 comments:

  1. Love the serenity of this photograph, and the tranquility of the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santiago:

      Thank you, my friend, for your kind appraisal. This is precisely the response I wanted to evoke in this poem.

      Gratefully,

      Richard

      Delete
  2. Powerful. Reflective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi:

      Thank you for reflecting on my poem.

      I hope to hear from you frequently.

      Please pass WWFN around.

      Richard

      Delete
  3. Marcia:

    Thank you for your addition. A perfect ending.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.