Monday, August 5, 2013

The Same Sun




Evening gathers gently
around the shoulders
of summer trees.
Birds settle into the arms
of darkening branches
for the night. 

I look into the high sky
at the silvery gibbous moon,
and the yellow head of a
towering cumulus;
each collecting and reflecting
light from the same sun.

The same sun
that has settled
beyond my horizon.
The same sun
that has left me
reflecting on my days.

Reminding me
to praise
the one
who made the sun,
and gave me eyes to see:
moon, clouds, birds, trees.
©  2013  Richard Havenga





Photo Location:

Pickerel Lake Park,  (Pickerel)  Kent County,  Michigan

Click on photo to enlarge.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture matches beautiful words Rich! Reminds me yet again to be grateful for all our blessings!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry:

    Are you the Kerry from Cannonsburg/Parnell? If so, this photo was taken at Pickerel Lake Park. I'm sure you have visited there several times.

    Thank you for your kind words, and keep giving thanks to God for the gifts he gives.

    Gratefully,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. mr richard, this is awesome work!!.you must be very proud.i thank God for your talent. keep sharing your faith through your beautiful poetry to give light and inspiration to others..be blessed always.

    ms con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Con:

      Thank you for your generous comments. I WILL keep sharing my faith through my poetry and photographs, so that others may see the beauty in creation, and Give the Glory to God ! G-3. I appreciate you visits to WWFN.

      Delete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.