Friday, December 7, 2012

Photo Haiku - Writing Contest 2


It's your turn to write.
Create a three-line Haiku
for each photograph.


Utah










Colorado













Haiku Guidelines:

First line = 5 syllables
Second line = 7 syllables
Third line = 5 syllables

Please submit entries into the "Comments" section at the bottom of this post.

Facebook submissions not accepted.

Emailed submissions are an option. (richmaryh@gmail.com)

Good luck. Good skill. Good writing to you.

Winners will be announced in a future post.

4 comments:

  1. Here's my haiku for Utah

    high rocky hilltop
    feathered cloud wisps blessing all
    solitary stone

    Thanks for the challenge!

    Gene Mariani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene:

    Thanks for your Haiku entry; it's a good one. Might as well go after Colorado with your good writing skills.

    Is that a Doctor's coat you're wearing? Where are you from? Reply to these two questions by Email please.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad! I hope I'm not too late! Here are my Haiku Contest entries:

    Utah:

    Ancient red rocks watch
    cloud fingers reach across sky
    gather in the blue

    Colorado:

    Crescent moon of snow
    feeds lush green mountain valley
    life-giving water

    I also have a funnier one for Colorado:

    Stored up in snow banks
    trickle-down economics
    stimulating growth

    There ya have it! If I possess even a shred of your writing talent, I may have a chance of winning! They say "the apple don't fall far from the tree", eh, Father Nature? ; )

    Love,

    Daughter Nature : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard:

    Here's my haiku for the Colorado picture:

    high mountain valley
    tall pines shepherd green fields
    soon waving blossoms

    Thanks for allowing me this.

    Gene M

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.