Monday, June 27, 2016

Into Daylight




The faint, pink flush
growing on the horizon
of morning
draws me outside.

High in the Red Oaks,
crows are squabbling,
intermittently,
in the growing light.



Morning has broken,
and birdsong builds
into choirs of praise.

I can scarcely
take it in.

I want to absorb
my surroundings;
these vibrant birds,



this morning sky
holding the gibbous moon
that is fading into the day's light.



© 2016 Richard Havenga


Photo Locations:

1. Snake River - Grand Teton National Park 

2. Home Woods

3. Goodwillie Environmental School - Forest Hills Public Schools - Ada, Michigan

4. Earth


No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.