Thursday, September 3, 2015

I Whisper



I am paying close attention
to the living reality
surrounding me outdoors.



I am focused intently,
drawn into the science,
pulled into the mystery;

I am amazed by the intricacies of nature,
fascinated by the complex details,
astounded by how it all works.




For each miracle I witness,
for each poem I write,
for each photograph I capture,

I whisper 
into the air:
"Thank you God!"



After the gathering
of memories, words, and images,
it is always the gratitude that remains.

© 2015 Richard Havenga




No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.