soil of winter
now packed dense
with green leaves and grasses
with green shrubs and vines
crowding the competition
like green hands and fingers
like green arms and wings.
Seeking precious energy from sunlight,
absorbing warmth from this warm season.
Roots reaching, probing, secretly
sipping mineral water from fertile soil.
Living with a sense of marvel.
Being fully available to life.
Feeling the presence of Spirit.
Seeing with eyes aware and alert.
with the patience of time.
Filling with gratitude for
this gift of green days.
1. Cattail - Typha latifolia
2. Wild Grape - Vitus aestivalis
3. Solomon's Plume - Smilacina racemosa
4. Yellow Pond Lily - Nuphar variegatum
5. Sweet Pea (Wild Pea) - Lathyrus pratensis
6. Staghorn Sumac - Rhus typhina
7. Sensitive Fern - Onoclea sensiblis
8. Fragrant Water Lily - Nymphaea odorata
1. Wabasis Lake Park, Kent County, Michigan
2. Grattan Township, Kent County, Michigan
3. Stony Lake, (Stony) Oceana County, Michigan
4. Pickerel Lake Park, (Pickerel) Kent County, Michigan
5. Ada Township, (Ada) Kent County, Michigan
6. Cadillac, (Cadillac) Wexford County, Michigan
7. Wabasis Lake Park, (Wabasis) Kent County, Michigan
8. Pickerel Lake Park, Kent County, Michigan